Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tuna tartare


I am going to disappoint again some people. This time not vegetarians but people who care about environment and respectful fishing. I know, I know, it's not good to eat tuna. But I am afraid I can't resist to this tuna tartare on a potato pancake that we prepared today. Ok, it looks like the plate has chicken pox but it tastes very good and it's pretty easy to make (compared to some other dishes). You just have to cut super fresh tuna filet, 1 avocado, 2 sun dried cherry tomatoes into small cubes (not too small as I did), add some chopped onion (ciboulette and échalote), lime zest, (a bit of ketchup), olive oil, lime juice, tabasco (if you like), salt and piment d'Espelette. Mix it with a fork (very carefully, in order not to make a purée). And serve it right away. Tuna gets cooked in lemon juice, so technically it's not really raw. But it's still better to make sure that it's fresh. And you can serve it with a small egg (oeuf de caille), cherry tomato, capres and capsicum purée (the small dots). On top of it you can add a drop of whipped cream mixed with a bit of mustard and ciboulette. Bon appétit!

No comments: